1. Become a master at something. Select something you are interested in and learn everything you can about it. As you become an expert, you will feel better about yourself.
2. Learn the power of "Next”. After a disappointment, open your heart and mind to what's next. Ask yourself "what is there for me to learn from this experience?" Believe that something better is on its way. Focus on the opportunities that surround you.
3. Write a commercial describing yourself. If you have nothing to write about, do something to become more interesting to yourself. Create and own your greatness! Visualize yourself being a person worthy of a commercial. Allow yourself to dream the biggest dream you can dream and then take action toward it.
4. Take good care of yourself. Choose one new self-care habit and put it in place this month. Think of those things that will make you feel good about yourself. Keep this promise to yourself at least as well as you keep promises to others.
5. Choose relationships wisely. Whether friends or significant others, foster relationships with those who support you naturally - - no pretending necessary. Find people who are willing to love, support, encourage and inspire you but who will love you enough to tell you the truth, even if you might not respond well to it. Create a community of at least five people with whom you feel safe and mutually supported.
6. Others will treat you the way you allow them to treat you. Set high standards for the way you treat others and yourself. Then live by those high standards. You will be amazed at how differently people will respond to you when you treat yourself and them with respect.
7. Decide what you want in life and go for it. Don't settle for less than you really want. Say no to what you don't want and yes to those things and people that are in alignment with you and your values.
8. Concentrate on your strengths. When you look in the mirror, focus on those aspects of your appearance that you like. Nurture your body with healthy food, exercise and rest.
9. Take risks but consider them carefully. When you are afraid to do something support yourself in doing it anyway. Let the taking the risk be the focus instead of the outcome. If you fall down, pick yourself back up and move on. Success always comes from failure. The more risks you take, the more courage you build and the more confident you become. Life is abundant. There is no shortage of opportunities.
10. Accept that perfection does not exist. Expect excellence instead. Understand that your confidence will be stronger at different times and in different areas of your life than others. Accept that life is a journey, and not a destination.